One of the most complex issues for your business might be having access to your files and data when you need it. With traditional computer storage your files are stored on a local hard drive or company network, and the only way to access them is to be at your computer or at your office logged on to the network.
With the creation of online backup and storage solutions all of that has changed. Dell.com offers cloud computing services and many other companies such as Google and Apple offer online file solutions as well. These online file services allow you to store your files online and thus have access to them anytime or anywhere as long as you have an Internet connection. No longer are you tied to a desktop computer to be able to create or share a presentation. Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, and even Smart Phones can all now access the same files stored online with remote password protection.
The advantages of accessing your files anytime and anywhere with desktop management include:
- Convenience: With online file backup it’s like carrying your files with you. If you have a smart phone in your pocket, you have access to all of your business files no matter where you are.
- Instant access: Because you have instant access to a file anytime, anywhere; if you have a sudden breakthrough or great idea at midnight you can quickly open the needed file and make the necessary changes. Or you can create a new file and easily share it with others on the online storage drive.
- Collaboration: Working with others throughout the company to create a presentation has never been easier than with online file storage. Sharing files within the company can help to increase productivity and time management. Because you all have immediate access to the same files you can review, share ideas, and make changes simultaneously.
- Remote access for presentations: Never forget a file or presentation again. Whether you have a hard copy with you or not you’ll have instant access to your much needed presentation files as long as there is internet access.
Desktop Management: Files that you can share
- Documents: Important documents can be shared throughout the company quickly and easily when they are stored online.
- Presentations: Whether you are working with others to collaborate on a presentation, or presenting to a potential customer you’ll have access to the latest version of your presentation online.
- Communications: Important communications can be shared and stored online. Online access to company directories, emails, calendars, and more are a great idea.
With the availability of wireless internet about anywhere you go, you no longer need to worry about access to your important files. You can now access needed files at anytime from any place you find an Internet connection.